Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rice with Beef in Corn Sauce



Okay, it is me again. I think the other two just are not so into blogging at all. Anyways, here we go, a recipe for another Hong Kongish dish. Rice with beef in corn sauce (粟米肉粒飯) is one of the most common dish you can find in a Hong Kong local restaurant (茶餐廳). I really miss this since I could never find it anywhere here. This tastes pretty much the same as I could get it in the Hong Kong local restaurant. Hope every Hong Kongiers who lives out of Hong Kong would enjoy it. =]
BTW, I believe that they usually use pork for this dish. However, my sister doesn't like pork, so I used beef instead.





Rice with Beef in Corn Sauce
3-4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound beef/pork
  • 2 beaten eggs

  • 1/2 can corn

Marinade:
  • 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soya sauce

Seasoning:
  • 1 teaspoon corn starch
  • 1 teaspoon water

Sauce:
  • 2 teaspoons chicken powder
  • 200ml water


Directions:
  • Cut beef/pork into small cubes. Then marinade beef/pork with marinade for at least 15 mins.


  • Fry beef/pork with corn.


  • Add in sauce and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook until it is boiled.

  • Reduce heat. Then add in 2 eggs and seasoning.

  • Keep stirring until the sauce is thicken.

  • Remove heat.

  • Lastly, serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment