Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rice with Chicken in Creamy White Sauce




This makes me remember my school life in Hong Kong. When I studied in HK, we could eat out and KFC was one of the favorite choices when my classmates and I ate out. In HK, KFC offers not just chicken, mashed potato, and fries, but also rice that is made with chicken. The rice with chicken in creamy white sauce (家鄉雞皇飯) is one of the side that customers can pick when they order a meal. This is my favorite side besides the fries. After I moved over here, I always wanted to get the rice with chicken in creamy white sauce as a side when I went to KFC; however, they do not offer this here. I'm glad that I found the recipe for it and now I can make this at home. =]





Rice with Chicken in Creamy White Sauce
3-4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 drumsticks
  • 2 bell peppers
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1/2 can corn

Marinade:
  • 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch
  • 1 tablespoon soya sauce

Directions:
  • Cut chicken into small cubes. Then marinade chicken with marinade for at least 30 mins.


  • Dice pepper.


  • Fry chicken. Put it in a plate after it is done.


  • Cook a can cream of chicken with 3/4 can of milk.

  • Add in pepper and corn when the cream of chicken is about to boil.

  • When it is boiled, add in chicken and stir well.


  • Lastly, serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment