Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Garlic Shrimp



I got a garlic press from my co-worker Tyrhonda as a christmas gift. And I put it to good use right away! I made this dish a few times back when I was in college, and got a few good compliments.

Dish Name: Garlic Shrimp
Cooking Method: Steam

Ingredients:
Oyster sauce - 2-3 tbsp
Garlic - as many cloves as you want!
Shrimp - 1 lb
Sugar - 1-2 tsp

So here is what you do...
Finely chop the garlic. If you have a garlic press, (lucky me!), you can save some time.
Mix the garlic, oyster sauce, sugar, and a little bit of water.
Shrimp preparation - head off, shell stays on. Arrange shrimps on a plate.
Spread garlic mix on shrimps.




Steam for 30 minutes, or until shrimps change color. Ta-da!


So yummy, and so simple. If you don't have a steamer, you can find a way to make your own steamer. I steamed mine in a 12-inch skillet. I guess I should have taken a picture to show you...

No comments:

Post a Comment