Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Garden Update - Week 6

I couldn't believe I missed so many weekly updates!  OMG!  It's all b/c of the stupidity of my laptop.  So now, I'm blogging using Cameron's.  Since his doesn't read my camera's memory card, I'll have to upload the pics later on when I get a chance to borrow Karen's. 

Having your own garden is so great!  We have been eating from it for the past 2 weeks now.  It's really awesome to just walk out on the deck, pick your vegetables, and cook them within a few minutes.  We absolutely love the cabbage and lettuce family.  Our bak choy and lettuce keep multiplying!  It's insane how much greens we have in the small planters.  I guess we really should follow the instruction when it says, plant them x-inches apart.  (Yeah, we planted them way to close to each other.) 


You know how I was growing sweet yellow banana peppers from seeds?  They turned out so well, and I got so many seedlings to give away.  Today was the day!  I brought 10 containers to work, each containing two to three seedlings, to give to my co-workers.  It was an awesome experience.  I got to connect with my co-workers at a different level and talk to them about gardening.  I could seriously start a garden club at work. 

I hope everyone will get some peppers during the summer.  :)  Growing from seeds will definitely be on my list to do next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment